Claiming For Cosmetic Surgery Errors
Recent figures released by the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (Baaps) show the UK’s cosmetic surgery industry is still booming – despite health scares such as the PIP breast implants scandal. The overall number of procedures has risen by 20% in the last four years, topping 43,000 in 2012.
With so many treatments being offered within a mostly self-regulated industry, it’s hardly surprising that when mistakes are made, they often go unreported. However, cosmetic surgery errors are no different to any other type of clinical or medical negligence. If you’ve been physically or mentally damaged by a cosmetic procedure that went wrong, you’re entitled to claim compensation.
Types of cosmetic surgery claims
Here are a few of the most common scenarios.
- Breast surgery – bulging or different sized breasts; scarring and skin puckering; nerve damage.
- Liposuction – extensive scarring; sagging skin.
- Tummy tucks – fluid retention; skin loss; loss of skin; unsightly scarring.
- Face lifts – unpleasant scarring; infection leading to necrosis (skin death); ‘pixie ear’ where the ear lobes are unnaturally stretched.
- Nose jobs – dents or bulges on the nose; mismatched nostrils; total nose collapse.
- Chemical peels – burns and scarring of the face.
- Dental negligence – uncomfortable or painful dental implants; swelling and inflammation from poor surgical techniques; burns, blisters and ulcers from tooth whitening chemicals.
Why you should claim
The short and long-term effects of faulty cosmetic surgery can be devastating. As well as suffering physical pain and discomfort, victims of botched procedures can suffer mental trauma as a direct result of their experiences. At the very least, you’re likely to feel angry and upset that you’ve chosen to pay for a procedure in the hope of improving your appearance – only to end up looking and feeling worse than before.
Injury Lawyers 4U is here to help
Injury Lawyers 4U is a national network of personal injury specialists. We deal with all kinds of medical negligence claims and we’re highly experienced at dealing with claims for cosmetic surgery errors. Your claim will be dealt with by an expert personal injury lawyer, giving you the best possible chance of success. As we work on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis, you can be sure that we’re working hard to secure you the compensation you deserve, without any risk to you in making the claim.
Call us for honest, professional advice on 0845 345 4444. We’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Or complete our online form and a lawyer will call you back at a convenient time.