A holiday of a lifetime can be potentially ruined by an injury, particularly a serious one. If you or someone close to you has suffered a serious injury and it was someone else’s fault, then you may be entitled to claim compensation for the trauma and suffering your accident causes.

Accidents can happen anywhere and at any time, and they can be all the more traumatic when they occur in unfamiliar surroundings. In addition, as well as the initial effects, serious injuries can also have long-term consequences, affecting your ability to work and your earning potential in the future. Whilst the money can help with treatment and maintaining your quality of life, it is also important to make sure that those responsible for causing the injury are held accountable for their actions.

But injuries sustained abroad don’t necessarily just happen on holiday. They can also occur when working in a foreign country, and in such cases there may be grounds for compensation if the accident was the fault of your employer.

What should I do if I have an accident abroad?

If you or a loved one has sustained a serious injury abroad, it can be difficult to know what to do. In the immediate short-term ensuring safety is paramount, so it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Indeed, in many countries this can be a requirement for any subsequent compensation claim.

Get evidence

It is also crucial to obtain as much evidence and documentation of an incident as you can, as the onus is on you to prove that your accident occurred as a result of someone else’s negligence. Try and take photos at the accident location or obtain the details of witnesses, as these can potentially be used as evidence later. You should also report the accident to your employer in the case of a work-related injury or to your travel representative if the injury is sustained on holiday. Ensure that you make a note of the names and contact details of any police officers and medical personnel who treat you, as you may need to contact them once you return to the UK to verify your claim and the circumstances of the accident.

Do I have a claim?

If you have been injured and it was somebody else’s fault, then you have the right to pursue a claim for compensation. At Injury Lawyers 4U we are here to help by giving you the benefit of our expertise and experience in making personal injury claims for accidents abroad.

Our team of highly trained, ‘no win, no fee’ solicitors are ready and waiting to advise you of the best course of action for you to get the compensation that you deserve. We are specialists in personal injury and accident claims, even for injuries sustained abroad, and you can be sure that we’ll work to secure you the compensation you deserve if you’ve suffered a serious injury abroad. This may not heal the physical damage, but it can help to make you more comfortable in the knowledge that justice has been done. For more information and to discuss your claim in confidence, call us today on 0333 400 4445 or use this contact form and we will call you back at a time that suits you.

Lion lawyer explaining in front of window