How to claim for an RTA

RTAs (or road traffic accidents) can have devastating consequences and leave those involved injured, traumatised and unable to work for long periods of time. Whether you’re the driver or a passenger in a vehicle that is involved in a road traffic accident, it’s important that you’re aware of your right to claim for compensation if the accident was not your fault. If you have been hit by an uninsured driver it is possible to submit a claim to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau directly and details can be obtained via their website:

What types of RTAs are there?

There are many different types of accidents that occur on the road, such as head on collisions, rear end collisions and motorway incidents. Some can result in months of recuperation and time off work, while others can be the cause of life-long disability and constant medical care. At both ends of the spectrum, accident claims for compensation can help to mitigate hardship to some extent and lead to a better quality of life, allowing the victim to concentrate on recovery, rather than worrying about money concerns.

Claiming for a road traffic accident

In order to claim compensation for an RTA you need to be able to prove that someone else was to blame for the accident and that you have suffered injury, trauma or loss as a result. In the case of the latter, this would include evidence such as medical records (a medical examination may be required to specifically ascertain the extent of your injuries), and documented time off work. If you have incurred costs from medical treatments and associated expenses, be sure to keep hold of all receipts, as these will be needed if you intend to claim for them.

The other party from whom you will attempt to obtain compensation may be the driver of another vehicle, or it may even be the driver of the vehicle you were in. In proving their responsibility for the accident, any evidence you have to support your claim will be regarded as relevant.

Speak to the experts in accident claims

Claiming when you are trying to recover physically and emotionally from the trauma of an accident can be daunting. That’s why it’s best to put your claim in the hands of experts who can do the hard work for you. At Injury Lawyers 4U, we understand how difficult it can be to get life back on track after an RTA. Our experienced and expert teams know how to successfully get the financial compensation that can make all the difference to your recovery.

What you can claim for

When making a claim for a road traffic accident you can obtain compensation for a number of different things, including:

  • Personal injury, including whiplash and more serious injuries
  • Loss of earnings
  • Medical and other treatment costs
  • Mental trauma

To find out what you may be entitled to and to get our expert ‘no win, no fee’ solicitors on board with your car accident claim, contact Injury Lawyers 4U today on 0333 400 4445. Alternatively, fill in the form on the right to arrange a call back at your convenience from one of our team.