• No Win No Fee
  • Honest & Professional
  • Fully Qualified Solicitors
  • We Don't Share Your Data

Poisoning Claims

You may be able to make a poisoning claim if you have suffered from food poisoning, carbon monoxide poisoning, or have been exposed to any other type of toxin, and you believe that it was the fault of another person or company. Receiving appropriate compensation can help to redress any expenses incurred for medical bills and loss of earnings, and also make up for any distress and inconvenience caused.

Types of poisoning

Food poisoning is probably the most common kind of poison-related claim. Symptoms of food poisoning might be an upset stomach, cramps and pains, fever and vomiting. These may occur in any time period from immediately after consumption to a few days later.

Though most food will have some kind of bacteria present, food poisoning should be easily avoidable by paying proper attention to cooking techniques (cooking food thoroughly and at the correct temperature normally kills off most harmful bacteria), food handling, hygiene, and storage procedures. Any restaurant, café, food truck, supermarket or other premises where food is prepared or sold is required to have a safe routine for all of these activities.

They should also ensure that there is sufficient training and monitoring of staff to make sure their guidelines are known and followed. If not, they could well be liable for a personal injury claim.

Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas that can be fatal. In the home, carbon monoxide is generally produced by faulty appliances or heating systems. It is colourless, odourless and almost completely unnoticeable, but carbon monoxide poisoning can make you dizzy, nauseous or tired, or cause headaches and difficulty breathing. If the poisoning is severe, it can have extremely harmful medical consequences. If someone else, such as a private landlord or the local Council, have the responsibility of maintaining the appliance producing the gas, then you are well within your rights to seek compensation if you have been exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

How do I make a claim?

In order to make a claim, you may need to provide medical evidence as to the effects of the poisoning. The amount of compensation you will be able to claim will depend on what level of illness or injury the exposure to a toxin caused. If the site of the poisoning was a public area such as a restaurant, an investigation may have to be carried out in order to assess the general standards of hygiene and to find out if anyone else has been affected in the same way. All of this can be a bit daunting for someone who is not experienced in legal issues such as injury compensation. So for the right advice and information on the process of making a claim, turn to the experts at Injury Lawyers 4U.

Receiving your compensation

Injury Lawyers 4U are ‘no win, no fee’ solicitors, so we don’t gain a fee if you lose your case. This gives you the peace of mind knowing that we will work our utmost to secure you the compensation you deserve. We have a highly skilled and friendly team of solicitors with years of experience in successfully pursuing poisoning claims and personal injury compensation.  To speak to someone now about your claim, call us in complete confidence on 0845 345 4444, or fill in this contact form and we’ll get straight back to you.