Personal Injury Claims Explained
A personal injury claim is a claim for compensation where you’ve sustained an injury in an accident that wasn’t your fault. This article from personal injury experts Injury Lawyers 4U takes a closer look, explains why claiming is a good idea and why you should always appoint a specialist solicitor to handle your case.
What counts as a personal injury claim?
There are lots of different types of claim. Some of the commonest types include:
– Slips and trips
– Accidents at work
– Road traffic accidents
– Medical negligence
– Criminal injuries
– Defective products
– Animal attacks
– Sexual and physical abuse
– Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
– Accidents abroad
The basic principle is that if you were injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault or was caused by their error, negligence or omission, then you can claim compensation.
Who can I claim against?
Claims can be made against individuals, businesses and organisations. If your injury is work-related, you’d normally claim against your employer. Most types of personal injury claim are covered under individual and company insurance policies, so you don’t need to worry about causing anyone financial hardship by claiming.
Why should I claim?
The obvious reason is to compensate you for the physical pain that your injury has caused, as well as any mental trauma. But there are other reasons, too. These include:
– Giving you financial peace of mind whilst you focus on your recovery.
– Compensating you for lost earnings or other expenses incurred because of the accident, such as replacing damaged possessions.
– Paying for treatment, therapy or care that isn’t always offered by the NHS. For example, psychological counselling or osteopathy.
– Buying equipment that you need to regain a good quality of life, such as a specially-adapted car if you’ve been permanently disabled after an accident.
– Raising awareness of problems or malpractices to help prevent other people suffering in the future.
Why use a specialist legal service?
Making a personal injury claim can be complicated, daunting and time-consuming. So don’t go it alone. Let a specialist firm like Injury Lawyers 4U take care of it for you.
We’ll handle the personal injury claims process from start to finish, giving you advice and support at every stage. Our aim is to help you receive all the compensation you deserve, whilst helping you get back on your feet.
Call us today on 0845 345 4444 to discuss your claim. We work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis so there’s nothing to lose.